Join the Residential Life/University Housing RA and MA Staff
Our full time staff are highly talented, hard-working, warm and caring educators who always have the needs and academic success of students at the forefront of their minds. With 39 full-time professionals and over 200 paraprofessionals (RAs, MAs, and PAs), there is a niche for everyone here, and room for new staff to make a difference in each residence hall community. Please feel free to contact our office if you have questions at email@example.com. Our Selection Process is currently undergoing some updates, so keep this site saved so you can check back soon for the details!
We’ll do all we can to help you! Follow us on Twitter @UofIParaPro and Like Us on FaceBook U of Illinois ParaProfessional Staff for updates and tips.
Jim Rooney, Ed.D.
Associate Director of University Housing for Residential Life
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Selection Process Links:
- RA/MA Phase I Webtools - September 12, 2016 thru 9:00 a.m. September 26, 2016 Sign up here to participate in the required Phase I of our selection process. Here you'll sign up to attend an RA/MA Informational Panel in one of our 18 residence halls on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 8:15 p.m. Your attendance at this Phase I will be required for your online application (Phase II) to be considered. If you do not attend this required component of the RA/MA Selection Process, your application will not be considered.
- Information about Illinois Residential Experience
- Information about the Resident Advisor (RA) position
- Information about the Multicultural Advocate (MA) position
- Information about the RA/MA/PA Performance Appraisal-find out what you're evaluated on once hired to learn as much as you can about the job!
- Eligibility Requirements
- Our Selection Process
- Dates and Deadlines
- Job Descriptions
- EOL 199: Residential Life Paraprofessional Course (required)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tips for Success
- Begin APPLYING Monday, October 3, 2016 to be an MA or RA - Phase II, the online application for 2017-2018 positions goes live here at 8am, Monday, October 3, 2016 and is due no later than 6:59 p.m. Sunday, October 16, 2016. Watch this webpage for updated information! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with general questions.