Housing Sign-Up Opens October 3, 2017
Eligibility: Who Can Use Housing Sign-Up?
You must be currently registered as an University of Illinois student in order to select your room and roommate for next year. You must also be 18 at the time you sign the contract (if you will not be 18 during Housing Sign-Up, you will need to get consent electronically from a parent or guardian during the online sign-up process).
- Room Block requests are taken from September 19 through October 3, 2017.
- Current University Housing residents can enter Housing Sign-Up starting October 3, 2017
- Returning students who currently live off-campus can enter Housing Sign-Up starting October 31, 2017.
You will need your EnterpriseID and password to log on to Housing Sign-Up. In most cases, your EnterpriseID is the same as your NetID. However, the passwords for each of these are set separately and can be different. To find out your EnterpriseID and to set your password, visit the Enterprise Applications Self-Service page and follow the step-by-step instructions.
You will also need the UIN or NetID of your preferred roommate(s). If your preferred roommate does not currently live with University Housing, you will need his or her name and birth date.
Want to reserve a block of rooms with your friends? We can help! Place a request with our web form by October 3, 2017.
To reserve a block of rooms, you must have a minimum of 8 people reserving at least 4 rooms. You will need the name, NetID, and UIN of each person in your group. You and your group members will receive a message with the results of your request and further instructions for confirming your assignment. Note: you can also use this form to request a coed suite in Bousfield or the corner single rooms in Sherman. Both of these options allow a living arrangement with a mix of men and women.
Undergraduate Contract Rules and Advance Payment
To lock in your spot in University Housing, you must complete the online contract process. The contract is a LEGALLY BINDING document, so please take the time to review the Fall 2018–Spring 2019 Residence Hall Contract. Please read through all of the terms and conditions, so that you fully understand your rights and requirements before you sign.
At the end of your Housing Sign-Up session, you will be asked to check a box, which serves as your electronic signature and indicates that you have read and agree to the University Residence Hall Contract. You will receive an email confirmation of the successful completion of the 2018-2019 University Residence Hall Contract. Please be careful not to miss this last step of the process! If you do not check the box and do not receive a confirmation email, you do not have a completed 2018-2019 University Residence Hall Housing Contract.
NOTE: A $150 advance payment will be charged to your University student account after Housing Sign-Up closes on Sunday, April 15, 2018.
Contract Cancellation Policy
Once you select a room and complete a contract, you have 30 days to cancel the contract with no charge. If you decide to cancel after the 30-day period, there will be a settlement charge of up to 75% of your entire contract amount.
Highlights for Fall 2018
- New Furniture in Weston Hall: Weston will have new, loftable furniture.
- Air Conditioning in Pennsylvania Avenue Residence Halls (PAR) - Blaisdell and Carr: All rooms will have window air-conditioning units in fall 2018.
- Business Living-Learning Community: A new living-learning community for those interested in business is coming to the fourth floor of Wassaja Hall in fall 2018.
- Illinois Street Residence Hall (ISR) Renovation + Addition: Certain rooms in Wardall and Townsend will be unavailable in fall 2018.
- Incentives: This year we are offering a variety of incentives to students who renew their contract as a way to appreciate our returning students and to build excitement around living in University Housing.
- Constant Rate: Continuing residents—the room and board rate sheet from the year you entered Housing will still apply if you live with us continuously (up to 4 years). If you select a different room type or meal plan, you will only pay that year's rate set for those choices. Example: If you entered Housing in 2017-2018 and you choose a single for your sophomore year, you will pay the 2017-2018 rate for a single—not the 2018-2019 rate.
Additional Housing Options
- 12-Month Housing in Daniels: 12-month housing is available in Daniels Hall. You can choose a May-to-May contract or an August-to-August contract.
- Eligibility for Daniels and Sherman halls: All returning Illinois students are eligible to live in Daniels Hall and Sherman Hall. These two halls are home to a mix of graduate students and undergraduate students who are sophomores and above. Rooms in these halls feature semi-private or private baths, and many rooms are singles. Meal plans are optional for residents of Sherman and Daniels Halls, although many residents like the convenience of eating at the dining halls.
- Will you need break housing? If you think you will need to live on campus during fall, winter, or spring breaks, please consider selecting Florida Avenue Residence Halls (FAR), Pennsylvania Avenue Residence Halls (PAR) or Snyder Hall. These halls remain open over breaks, and you may remain in your own room when you sign a break housing contract.
- University Housing apartments: If you are a returning Illinois student, you are eligible to live in Ashton Woods Apartments. The spacious two-bedroom furnished and unfurnished apartments are close to the College of Veterinary Medicine, College of Law, Demirjian Golf Practice Facility and the Assembly Hall. The apartment also allows pets. This community is a great mix of upper-division undergraduates, graduate students, faculty and staff. Apply online for Ashton Woods.
Contact the Housing Information Office. We're happy to help!