Early Arrival — Spring 2018
Undergraduate Residence Halls
If you need to move in prior to January 14, 2018, you may do so as early as January 10 at noon (Central Time). There are additional fees for moving in early (see cost breakdown below) as these dates fall outside your spring 2018 housing contract dates.
- No pre-authorization is needed — just show up at the front desk where you were assigned.
- We are open 24 hours per day after noon on January 10 — check in anytime day or night.
- Bring a photo ID; we prefer the i-card but will accept any photo ID.
- We will bill the Early Arrival amount to your student account as our offices cannot accept cash.
- Please obey all parking rules and regulations. We cannot waive any tickets or towing charges.
The Early Arrival rate is $40 per night in the undergraduate halls. This non-refundable fee will be charged to the student’s account and will be reflected in the February bill.
There is no meal service available during the spring Early Arrival period. Meal service begins for the spring semester with lunch on January 15.
If you live in:
- Allen: Check in at Allen front desk
- Busey-Evans: Check in at Busey-Evans front desk
- FAR: Check in at FAR front desk
- ISR: Check in at ISR front desk
- LAR: Check in at LAR front desk
- PAR: Check in at PAR front desk
- Barton, Hopkins, Lundgren, Nugent, or Weston: Check in at Nugent Hall area office
- Bousfield, Scott, Snyder, or Taft-Van Doren: Check in at Snyder Hall area office
Read about international student move-in.
Daniels Hall and Sherman Hall
If you are a new Daniels or Sherman resident and you wish to move in earlier than January 14, you must submit an Early Arrival Request through our web form. You will be notified by email of your approved Early Arrival date.
The rate is $40 per night for new residents. This non-refundable fee will be charged to the student’s account and will be reflected in the February bill.
The desks at Daniels and Sherman are open 24 hours a day, so you may check in at any time after 9 a.m. on your approved Early Arrival date.
If you do not have a University of Illinois i-card for building access, please use the call box located near the main entrance of your building, and a staff member will greet you at the door.
- Daniels residents check in at the Daniels Hall desk
- Sherman residents check in at the Sherman Hall desk
Please note that parking on campus is very limited. Upon your arrival, you may unload your vehicle from a curb or metered space nearest your residence hall (do not leave your car unattended while unloading). For longer term visitor parking that same day, you must contact Campus Parking at (217) 333-3530 or www.parking.illinois.edu. Meters and lots are enforced by Campus Parking during Early Arrival move-in. University Housing is not responsible for parking tickets you may receive.