Sherman Closing Information
END-OF-SEMESTER INFORMATION – SPRING 2018The Graduate Upper-Division Halls staff wishes you well as your prepare to finish the school year. Please read the following information carefully. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Unless you are willing to pay extra nightly fees as a Late Departure resident, you are expected to vacate your room by 7 p.m. on May 13.
If you cannot leave by this date, refer to the Late Departure Information.
Late Departure Requests
- If you need to stay beyond the May 13 deadline, a one-to-two night Late Departure stay may be granted. You must apply in advance for late departure.
- All Late Departure residents must vacate the building by noon on May 15.
- All requests are subject to approval. The rate is $40 per night.
- This amount is non-refundable and will be billed to your University student account. No cash or checks will be accepted at the Sherman desk.
Forwarding Your Mail
- We will not hold your mail for the summer or until the fall semester.
- Update your mailing address online so staff can forward your mail. Please do so before you check out of the residence hall.
- Only first class mail will be forwarded to your new address. Packages received after your departure will not be held and will not be forwarded. Packages will be returned to the sender.
- Notify your bank, magazine companies, movie/music clubs, friends, etc. of your new address.
How to Vacate Your Room
- Remove all personal belongings from the room and bath, empty the waste basket, and remove posters, tape residue, stickers, nails, hooks, etc. to avoid charges for cleaning and maintenance.
- Clean and defrost the micro-fridge unit, and leave the unit plugged in and turned on.
- Close and lock windows, turn off call lights, and lock the room door.
Checking Out of the Hall
Remove all your belongings from the room, and then return your room key to the desk and check out before you leave. Failure to do so will result in a charge for a key lock change and other charges.
Meal Plan Information
Lunch on May 11 will be the last meal served in the dining halls for the spring semester.
Due to final exams, regular resident bathroom cleaning will end on Reading Day, May 3.
Moving carts are available in the hall lobby on a first-come, first-served basis. Please be considerate of other residents and limit the use of a cart to 30 minutes or when you are actually moving.
Personal Property and Storage
- You cannot leave behind belongings in the room. All personal property left in resident rooms will be considered abandoned and disposed of as stated in the Housing contract.
- There is no summer storage space at Sherman.
Moving to Daniels Hall for the summer?
Sherman Hall is closed during summer and is not available for summer housing. All residents who apply for summer housing are assigned to Daniels Hall. Reservations for summer housing at Daniels are made on-line.
Summer housing is charged on a per-night stay. There is a minimum five-night stay.
Sherman residents moving to Daniels for the summer will remain at Sherman Hall until May 15 and then move to Daniels Hall on that Tuesday.
Sherman residents cannot move to Daniels on May 13. If you are registered for summer housing, a Daniels room will be assigned and awaiting your arrival on May 15. No Daniels rooms will be available on May 13. Daniels Hall is located at 1010 West Green Street in Urbana.
Summer Housing Rates (May 15–August 5)
Single with Shared Bath: $44 per night
Double Room: $40 per night
Questions?Contact your RA for more details or write us at email@example.com.