Think your room has what it takes to be the winner of Fab Pad for 2017? Show us!
University Housing's Fab Pad Contest is open to students living in all residence halls! Show off your room for a chance to win prizes and earn the title of the Best Room on campus picked from hundreds of entries.
See the last year's winning rooms on our Fab Pad 2017 Facebook gallery.
How it Works
Complete an entry form and upload at least 1 great photo that showcases your room. You can submit up to 3 photos.
Submissions are due by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, November 27, 2017.
If you have trouble with the form, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will post all entries to a Fab Pad Photo Gallery on the University Housing's Facebook page. Fans will be invited to Like and Comment upon their favorite entries between November 29–December 1.
The Fab Pad judges will select award winners based on cleanliness, creativity and space utilization and may also take into consideration feedback from the Facebook Gallery. The People's Choice winner will be selected based upon the highest number of LIKES on their Facebook photo. LIKES may be solicited through sharing and comments to increase post engagement.
Winners will be announced on December 9.
Who Can Enter
All current residents of University Housing residence halls - including Sherman and Daniels - are invited to participate in the contest. Residents in single rooms or single bedrooms within suites or apartments may enter individually. However, all residents of multi-occupancy units must agree to enter the contest if submitting for shared spaces. Contestants must abide by all residence hall policies in order to qualify.
- Get creative with your photography! Shoot the room/unit from unique angles.
- Send high-quality photos.
- Show your school spirit.
- Be yourself! We want to see your personality come out through your design choices.
Lots of Prizes!
Everyone who enters the contest will be entered into a drawing for $50 Illini Cash.
There will be 7 winners chosen in different categories. Each of these will win a $50 Target Gift Card and will get a professional photoshoot of their room.
1st Place - Urbana North
1st Place - Urbana South
1st Place - Ikenberry North
1st Place - Ikenberry South
Best Single Room
Best Double Room
The People's Choice winner will be the room with the most LIKES received on Facebook. The winner will receive a $100 Target Gift Card, a professional photoshoot, and a professional video tour and 360 degree photoshoot that will be featured on the University Housing website and social media accounts.
The Best Overall winner will be chosen from the winners of the 9 categories. The winner will receive a $100 Target Gift Card, a professional photoshoot, and a professional video tour and 360 degree photoshoot that will be featured on the University Housing website and social media accounts.
The Fine Print
- Late entries will be disqualified.
- Only digital images of contest participant rooms will be accepted.
- Please take pictures of your room with enough light that your room is actually visible.
- Judges will select winners based on cleanliness, creativity, best use of space, and individuality.
- If living in a double, triple or quad occupancy room, ALL roommates must agree to enter the contest.
- Entries which display a violation of the University Housing contract or Hallmarks will be disqualified.
- By entering the contest, participants agree to the use of their photographs and name to be used by University Housing in electronic/print publications, social media, promotional videos, and other multimedia.
- Winners will be contacted by University Housing to schedule a brief professional photo shoot between December 9-13 in their room.
- Prize winners will need to complete paperwork to receive their prize and may need to report the prize on their 2017-18 tax forms.
If you have any further questions about the contest, feel free to contact us.
- 2016 first place and second place videos
- 2016 Facebook gallery
- 2015 Facebook gallery
- 2014 Facebook gallery
- 2013 Facebook gallery