Daniels Closing Information
END-OF-SEMESTER INFORMATION – SPRING 2018The Graduate Upper-Division Halls staff wishes you well as your prepare to finish the school year. Please read the following information carefully. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Unless you have a current confirmed 12-month contract which covers summer 2018, you are expected to vacate your room by noon on May 13. If you cannot leave by this date, you must apply online for summer housing. There is a five-night minimum stay for summer housing. Late Departure is summer housing.
Late Departure Requests
There are NO LATE DEPARTURES!
- If you have to depart after May 13, you must apply online for summer housing. There is a five-night minimum stay.
- Summer housing charges will be billed to your University student account. No cash or checks will be accepted at the Daniels desk.
- If you stay beyond noon on May 13, you will be charged for a minimum of five-nights of housing at the summer housing rate.
- Residents who have a confirmed 12-month contract for August 2017 to August 2018 do not need to sign up for summer housing or vacate their rooms.
Forwarding Your Mail
- If you will not be a Daniels Hall resident for the summer term, we will not hold your mail.
- Update your mailing address online at http://housing.illinois.edu/myhousing so staff can forward your mail. Please do so before you check out of the residence hall.
- Only first class mail will be forwarded to your new address.
- Packages received after your departure will not be held and will not be forwarded. Packages will be returned to the sender.
- To expedite delivery of your mail, notify your bank, magazine companies, movie/music clubs, friends, etc. of your new address.
How to Vacate Your Room
- Remove all personal belongings from the room and bath, empty the waste basket, and remove posters, tape residue, stickers, nails, hooks, etc. to avoid charges for cleaning and maintenance.
- Clean and defrost the micro-fridge unit, and leave the unit plugged in and turned on.
- Close and lock windows, turn off all lights, and lock the room door.
Checking Out of the Hall & Returning Room Key
After removing all your belongings from the room, return your room key to the desk and check out at the desk before you leave. Failure to do so will result in a charge for a key lock change and other charges.
Moving carts are available in the lobby on a first-come, first-served basis. Please be considerate of other residents and limit the use of a cart to 30 minutes or when you are actually moving.
There is no summer storage space at Daniels Hall. All personal property left in rooms will be considered abandoned and it will disposed of as stated in the housing contract.
Due to final exams and summer move-in, regular resident bathroom cleaning by Housing staff will stop on Reading Day, May 3 and will not resume until May 22.
Meal Plan Information
Lunch on May 11 will be the last meal served in the dining halls for the spring semester.
With the construction on Green Street, access to the building and parking is extremely limited.
You have two options to access the hall during Move-Out Week:
- Access Daniels Hall by coming East on Green Street heading towards Lincoln Ave. Turn North on Gregory St. and Turn left into the B10 or B11 University Housing parking lots.
- Access Daniels going East or West on Springfield Ave. Turn South on Gregory St. travel south and turn right into B10 or B11 University Housing parking lots.
Urbana parking meters are located along Gregory Street. There are no meters in B10 or B11 lots. B10 Lot will be used as a “Load and Go lot” location that is accessed from Daniels via the east side exit and entry points.
To exit Daniels: Use east side B10 entry to exit the building for the duration of the MCORE Project.
Continuing Resident for Summer 2018?
Unless you have a confirmed 12-month housing contract which covers summer 2018, you must apply online for summer housing.
If you are a continuing 12-month or summer resident, you do not need to check out at the desk. Daniels will remain open during the summer and you may come and go as you please. Carry your ID and room key at all times. For your security, please make sure your room door is locked and windows are closed before leaving. When air conditioning is on and windows are left open, condensation will form and water damage may occur. You may be billed for damages, so make sure windows are closed before leaving for extended periods of time.
Before You Leave
- Disconnect all electrical appliances except the refrigerator/micro-fridge unit.
- Empty wastebasket, and return any items borrowed from the Daniels desk.
- Remove personal items from your bathroom for weekly cleaning. Bathrooms will continue to be cleaned weekly.
- Close windows tightly and lock them. Turn off all lights and lock your room door.
Meal Plan Information
- Lunch on May 11 will be the last meal served in the dining halls for the spring semester.
- Watch for information posted on our website regarding the dates for summer meals.
- There will be regular mail service during the summer. Mail will only be held for current summer residents. All other mail will be forwarded.
- Newspapers will be held for three days and then discarded.
- Packages will only be held for current summer and 12-month residents. All other packages will be immediately returned to the sender.
Bathroom Cleaning and Pest Control
Due to final exams and summer move-in, regular bathroom cleaning by Housing staff will stop on May 3 and will not resume until May 22. Staff may enter rooms for lights left on, open windows, etc. while conducting routine maintenance work during the summer. Violations will not be ignored. Rooms may be sprayed for insects and A/C unit filters may be changed.
Summer Housing Rates (May 13–August 5)
Single with Shared Bath: $44 per night
Double Room: $40 per night