Honors Living-Learning Community
Honors LLC Opens Fall 2016
About Honors LLC
Our newest community, Honors Living-Learning Community, will be on Nugent Hall floors 3 and 4 beginning fall 2016. Designed specifically for James Scholars and Campus Honors Program students, this community will offer special interdisciplinary courses, allowing Honors LLC residents greater interaction with Honors faculty. Curricular and co-curricular aspects of the LLC will be designed around the LLC’s three pillars: Inquiry, Civic Engagement and Leadership.
Current students may choose the Honors LLC during Housing Sign-Up.
New, incoming students may choose the Honors LLC if available spaces remain during new student Room Selection.
- Students in this community must be a James Scholar or part of the Campus Honors Program.
- To enhance the interdisciplinary nature of this LLC, the community will be made of the following: 50% of spaces will go to students from the larger colleges (i.e., LAS, Engineering), and 50% of spaces will go to students from the smaller colleges (i.e., FAA, Applied Health Sciences).
- The community will be made up of 50% returning students and 50% first-year students.
- First-year Honors LLC students will take a one-credit-hour course. This course will introduce students to the Honors Living-Learning Community, their fellow Honors LLC students, and Honors programs at the University of Illinois.
- Each student's college and honors status will be in our database— so when you are in the process of choosing a room, you will see any available Honors LLC rooms for which you qualify.
- If you are a James Scholar or part of the Campus Honors Program but do not see any Honors LLC spaces available in our system, one of the following has likely occurred: we have filled all available spaces for your class type (returning student or first-year student), we have filled all available spaces for your college type (large or small), or the whole LLC has filled.
Programs and Features
Some of the potential programs and features include research opportunities, trips, special speakers, and opportunities for in-depth dialogue and exploration of various topics.