Traditions & History
Unit One has a long legacy of unique programming and special traditions.
Some of our traditions include:
- Allen Hall-iday - an Allen Hall holiday that celebrates winter and the founding myth of Allen Hall
- Lotusfest - a trip to Bloomington, IN every fall to attend the Lotus World Music and Arts Festival
- Allenpalooza - a year-end celebration of Allen Hall student life and student creativity
- Zombie Mob - a flash mob of zombies roaming the campus for brains and dancing to Michael Jackson's Thriller
- Coffeehouse - a monthly open mic night that has been going strong for decades
- Minute of Noise - 60 seconds of mayhem right before 24 hour quiet hours begin during finals week
We also keep a written history of the Unit One program.