For non-emergency situations after the office is closed, please call 333-2779 and leave a message. Your call will be returned during regular business hours.
For emergencies, such as fire, flood, an accident, serious illness or injury, or a crime in progress, dial 911 (when appropriate).
Emergency Assistance for Residents
Residents are encouraged to call the Family & Graduate Housing office for emergancy assistance during regular business hours at (217) 333-5656. The Complex Director for University Apartments provides on-call assistance when the Family & Graduate Housing office is closed. The Complex Director or on-call staff member can be reached at (217) 649-7705. If you have an emergency, lose your keys, or need other assistance, please call. Please feel free to contact them if you have a problem or a question. To find specific contact information regarding your Community Aide or the Complex Director, contact the Family & Graduate Housing office.
Emergency Maintenance Requests during Non-Business Hours
An emergency is defined as a life safety incident or an incident that will result in property damage, such as a fire or flood.
Sunday through Saturday (4:30 p.m. to midnight) a Maintenance Inspector is on duty to assist you with any facility emergencies that may arise. Please call 217-333-2779 and after you hear the voice prompt, enter your telephone number and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
Sunday through Saturday (midnight to 7:59 a.m.) there is not a Maintenance Inspector on site to respond to calls. Please call (217) 333-2779 and after you hear the voice prompt, enter your telephone number and your call will be returned as soon as possible. The person responding to your call is off site and will contact other staff members to respond to an emergency call. It may take a minimum of an hour to respond to calls.
If you are locked out of your apartment during normal business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.), you can obtain a loaner key at the Family & Graduate Housing office. There is no charge for this service. You will be asked to provide photo identification. If a child requests a loaner key, staff may ask the child for some information that would be found in their family’s file. Loaner keys must be returned to the Family & Graduate Housing office immediately after the apartment is opened, or a lock change will occur the next business morning at a cost to the resident.
If you are locked out of your apartment when the Family & Graduate Housing office is closed, call the Complex Director or on-call staff member at (217) 649-7705 for assistance.
If you lose a key, Family & Graduate Housing can loan you a key while you try to find yours. During business hours, come to the Family & Graduate Housing office to get a temporary key that you will be able to keep for until 3 p.m. the next day. If the key is still missing at that time, it will be necessary to change the lock. You will be issued a new key at a cost. If you lose your key after hours, please contact Complex Director or on-call staff member at (217) 649-7705 for assistance.
Family & Graduate Housing
- Family & Graduate Housing Office: 217-333-5656
- Complex Director or On-Call Staff: 649-7705
- Maintenance Requests: 333-2779
- Ashton Woods Community Building: 244-7551
- Goodwin-Green Office (300-100): 333-8213
- Goodwin-Green Lounge: 244-1725
- Goodwin-Green Computer Lab (300-116): 332-3344
- Orchard Downs Community Center: 333-6176
- Orchard Downs Pre-School: 333-3497
- Family Resource Center (1834-A): 333-1762
- Learning Resource Center (2044-A): 265-0428
- MultiCultural Health Center: (2040-A)
- Orchard Downs Computer Lab (2030-A): 265-5607
- Orchard Downs Study Room (2102-104): 265-9496
- University SafePlace: 840-2232
Campus & Community
- University Police (Non-Emergency Phone Number): 333-1216
- Domestic Violence Crisis Line: 384-4390
- Rape Crisis Line: 355-5203
- Mental Health Crisis Line: 359-4141
- Crisis Nursery: 337-2730
- Poison Control: 1-800-942-5969
- Campus Parking: 333-3530
- University of Illinois Information: 333-1000
- McKinley Dial-A-Nurse: 333-2700
- MTD Bus Hotline: 384-8188
- Driver's License Examining Station: 333-5729 (2401 W. Bradley Ave., Champaign)
- Urbana Post Office: 337-6297
- Social Security Office: 398-5399 (101 S. Country Fair Dr., Champaign)
- Student Parent Resources