Jobs in Dining Services
Join the Dining Services Team!
WHY WORK FOR US?
- CONVENIENCE–Work close to where you live. You can work a shift between classes or go to work right from class.
- FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING–We want to help you excel as a student, so our work schedules accommodate your classes and activities. Shifts range from 1 to 4 hours. Work a minimum of 8 hours and up to 28 hours per week. And manage your schedule or trade shifts using our easy online scheduling system.
- DISCOUNTED MEALS–Whenever you work a four-hour shift you're entitled to a discounted meal at your work location.
- COMPETITIVE PAY–The starting wage for students is $8.75 an hour. We'll even give you a raise for each year you work for us! Dining jobs also qualify for Federal Work Study.
- OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT–If you excel in your first job with us, you can apply to be a student supervisor, a member of our management team, or work in our administrative office. Perks include better pay, more responsibility, and great experience to show off on your resume.
Apply by August 4 to secure a job before the start of the fall semester. New hires will:
- Avoid the rush! Move in early on Wednesday, August 23 at no charge.
- Easily complete all administrative forms with Payroll.
- Participate in orientation, training and initial work Thursday, August 24 through Sunday, August 26.
- Set your schedule and begin working before classes begin.
WHERE CAN YOU WORK?
Residence Hall Dining
Working where you live makes your life easier. Assist with meal preparation and service in each of the six dining halls. Dining Services also has special service locations offering late night dining, grab-and-go, or fun coffee shops. Residential Dining employees must work a minimum of 4 shifts per week.
Catering staff provide upscale banquet service for events at the I Hotel Conference Center, Illini Union, and various locations across campus. Black dress pants and all-black shoes are required for working with Catering. Please note that you must supply yourself with these items before you can begin work and should have them prior to the August Hiring Session when you come to campus. All Catering employees are required to work a minimum of 8 hours per week.
Dining Services Locations
1111 W. Nevada, Urbana
1001 W. College Ct., Urbana
Corner of Gregory Drive and Euclid Avenue, Champaign
1010 W. Illinois St., Urbana
1005 S. Lincoln Ave. Urbana
906 W. College Ct. Urbana
University Catering Reporting Locations
Housing Food Stores
1321 S. Oak Street, Champaign
I Hotel Conference Center
1900 S. First Street, Champaign
1401 W. Green Street, Urbana